Inside this article
TNT is a shipping company in great demand in the UK and the rest of the world. Their shipping options —which are divided into express and economic— guarantee deliveries in a short time and at very affordable prices. This makes it a valid alternative if what you are looking for is to differentiate yourself from your competitors through a delivery strategy.
TNT was born in Australia, but throughout its 70-year history, it has managed to build a transport network that connects the main cities and capitals of the planet. It also has collaboration agreements with other couriers to increase the scope of its services.
At Outvio, we know how important each of your shipments is to you, which is why we've prepared an eCommerce user guide about the shipping company TNT in the United Kingdom.
Advantages of TNT for online shops in the UK
- Network across Europe for urgent shipments
- myTNT smart app for shipment management
- Track & Trace service for more accurate package tracking
- Temperature-controlled shipping services
- Wide variety of delivery and collection options
- Cash-on-delivery option
Domestic shipping with TNT in the UK
- Same Day. When your goods need to be delivered on the same day, at a highly competitive price. AM collection (from 8 am) and delivery Same Day, available Monday to Friday
- Same Day Timed. When you need a timed solution to meet a critical delivery deadline. Available Monday to Friday. Consolidated timed delivery service
- Same Day Dedicated. For safe and fast deliveries nationwide. Available 24/7
- Express 9:00. Next-day delivery by 9 am for documents, parcels & freight
- Express 10:00. Next-day delivery by 10 am for documents, parcels & freight
- Express 12:00. Next-day delivery by 12 pm for documents, parcels & freight
- Express End of the business day. Next-day delivery by the end of the business day for documents, parcels & freight
International shipping with TNT in the UK
- Express 9:00. Next-day delivery by 9 am for documents & parcels to major cities in 40+ countries. Max. weight 210kg
- Express 10:00. Next-day delivery by 10 am for documents & parcels to major cities in 45+ countries. Max. weight 210kg
- Express 12:00. Next-day delivery by 12 pm for documents & parcels to major cities in 65+ countries. Max. weight 500 kg
- Express End of the business day. Next-day delivery by close of business for documents & parcels worldwide. Max. weight 500kg
|Shipping method||Delivery time||Destination|
|Same Day||Same day||Domestic|
|Same Day Timed||Same day||Domestic|
|Same Day Dedicated||Same day||Domestic|
|Express 9:00||Before 9 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express 10:00||Before 10 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express 12:00||Before 12 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express End of the business day||By close of business||Domestic / international|
TNT’s shipping rates for eCommerce businesses
TNT calculates the rate for each shipment individually. To determine the price, it takes into account the place of destination, the weight, the volume, and the level of urgency assigned to the shipment. If you want a more detailed budget, you can go to their shipping calculator.
Insurance for domestic shipments with TNT
All shipments you make with TNT are covered by basic insurance. You can also choose to insure a parcel whose value goes up to a maximum of €25,000. The price of said insurance is 1% of the merchandise’s value.
TNT insurance coverage is subject to certain conditions, such as the nature of the merchandise or the quality of the packaging. Our advice is to consult the shipping conditions or contact the courier directly for further information.
Shipping-issue management with TNT
You can claim any shipping issue through TNT’s customer support page. Once you have completed the form with all the information necessary to assess the problem, the courier will investigate it and determine compensation.
TNT’s return system for eCommerce businesses
To process a return with TNT, you will have to schedule a pick-up from your customer’s address.
TNT doesn’t offer exclusive services to speed up internal reverse logistics, so the only way to offer returns is by creating a reverse shipment. In other words, you need to generate a new shipping label and tracking information with the warehouse (origin of the package) as the destination, and the package’s final destination (your customer’s address) as the origin of the new shipment.
By integrating Outvio with your TNT account, you can generate returns without having to create new orders and with the conditions you choose. This way, you can offer much more dynamic coverage to your customers.
FAQ about TNT
Does TNT deliver on Saturdays and Sundays in the UK?
Yes, TNT has an exclusive delivery service for weekends and holidays.
What is myTNT?
It’s a solution for online shops that enables them to manage all their shipments more efficiently. The tool makes it easy to create pickup orders and print shipping labels so you don't have to do it manually from the web form.
This application makes your work easier, but it doesn’t fully allow you to automate all your logistic systems. Online shops with a higher volume of shipments would need a more advanced tool.
How can I find my TNT shipment?
Both the online store and its customers can track each shipment on the TNT tracking web portal. They would just need to enter the reference number. The courier also offers a notification system so you can keep the buyer informed at all times.