Inside this article
TNT is a very in-demand shipping company in the UK and the rest of the world. Their shipping options — which are divided into Express and Economic — guarantee deliveries in a short time and at very affordable prices. This makes it a valid alternative if what you are looking for is to differentiate yourself from your competitors through a delivery strategy.
TNT’s biggest selling points
Track & Trace service
TNT’s Track & Trace service is a portal where the status and location of the parcel can be monitored. Orders can be searched by shipment number or customer reference on their tracking page.
You can also pin and save orders to have quick access to their status and location by clicking on “Watchlist”.
International Express shipping
TNT, originally an Australian company, was recently acquired by FedEx. Throughout its 70-year history, it has managed to build a transport network that connects the main cities and capitals of the world.
It also has collaboration agreements with other couriers to increase the scope of its services. This may be the biggest reason why TNT is known as an international shipping company and why so many retailers with worldwide operations choose to make international shipments with TNT.
TNT has dozens of drop-off locations scattered throughout Great Britain. This is an important point if you are a smaller retailer without a collection centre or the ability to schedule pickups.
You can find TNT drop-off points in the UK here.
TNT’s redelivery service is a very useful tool that can be used to rearrange deliveries by the recipient of the order, as well as the shipper. Thanks to this functionality, if the courier is unable to deliver the parcel or the person expecting it needs to schedule another delivery time, it can be done without contacting customer support.
The redelivery service is a fast and easy 4-step process.
Pickups or parcel collection
With TNT, you can book a collection from your warehouse or any other location, and have scheduled pickups as often as you need them. Additionally, you can book special pickups for orders with special characteristics, such as a high level of urgency, large dimensions, or fragility.
Urgent shipping options
- Same Day: Collection is available from 8 am, Monday to Friday. The parcel will be delivered that same day.
- Next Flight Out: Air shipping solution for urgent shipments at a competitive price.
- Time Critical: This on-demand service provides a dedicated vehicle and a courier, or allows you to use your own aircraft.
TNT large parcel options
- Air Freight: Economic shipping service for bulky items that don’t fit regular shipping options.
- Air Charter: This shipping method allows you to use your own jet when not only the dimensions are too big, but the level of urgency is also high.
- Dedicated Vehicle: Case-by-case study according to size and weight.
TNT insurance options
All shipments you make with TNT are covered by basic insurance. You can also choose to insure a parcel that’s value goes up to a maximum of €25,000. The price of said insurance is 1% of the merchandise’s value. TNT insurance coverage is subject to certain conditions, such as the nature of the merchandise or the quality of the packaging.
Additionally, TNT offers a “TNT Onboard Courier” service where an experienced courier is put at your disposal, and a “Dedicated Vehicle” service, where the vehicle and courier are chosen specifically for the characteristics of your parcel, ensuring speed and security.
Automate the selection of TNT for international shipments or other types of orders by connecting your business to Outvio. Integration takes less than 5 minutes!
TNT domestic shipping methods for the UK
TNT is mostly used for international shipping outside of Australia. The reason behind this is simple: their rates can’t compete with those of local couriers, but their international connections make them a valid delivery company for long-distance shipments.
However, they have some domestic shipping methods for the UK, too:
- Express 9:00: Next-day delivery by 9 am for documents, parcels & freight.
- Express 10:00: Next-day delivery by 10 am for documents, parcels & freight.
- Express 12:00: Next-day delivery by 12 pm for documents, parcels & freight.
- Express End of the business day: Next-day delivery by the end of the business day for documents, parcels & freight.
TNT international shipping methods for the UK
TNT’s international express deliveries are one of the most popular among UK’s retailers:
- Express 9:00: Next-day delivery by 9 am for documents & parcels to major cities in 40+ countries. Max. weight 210kg.
- Express 10:00: Next-day delivery by 10 am for documents & parcels to major cities in 45+ countries. Max. weight 210kg.
- Express 12:00: Next-day delivery by 12 pm for documents & parcels to major cities in 65+ countries. Max. weight 500 kg.
- Express End of the business day: Next-day delivery by close of business for documents & parcels worldwide. Max. weight 500kg.
|Shipping method||Delivery time||Destination|
|Same Day||Same day||Domestic|
|Same Day Timed||Same day||Domestic|
|Same Day Dedicated||Same day||Domestic|
|Express 9:00||Before 9 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express 10:00||Before 10 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express 12:00||Before 12 a.m on the next business day||Domestic / international|
|Express End of the business day||By close of business||Domestic / international|
Track your domestic and international couriers — regardless of the country or courier — in Outvio’s intuitive and interactive interface
TNT is the ideal delivery company for international shipments and special orders such as fragile items, urgent shipments, and large parcels.
Explore all of their shipping options and choose the best one for every order with an automated shipping system.
If you already use multiple couriers to find affordable rates for every shipment, connect all your couriers in a single platform, automate the shipping process, and save time, costs, and prevent human errors with Outvio, the eCommerce infrastructure built to make you grow!